Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Minneapolis

Chris and I just got back from a quick trip to Minneapolis. We were only there for a few days but still managed to see and do a lot of cool things. One of the first things that we did was check out the Walker art gallery. I have been dying to go back to the Walker for quite some time now. We don't really have any galleries like it in Winnipeg so I always look forward to going there.
I must say though that I was a little disappointed in the Walker gallery this time. There wasn't as much art that I was interested in compared to other times that I have visited the gallery. It was still fun to go though.

Here are a couple of pictures of Chris and I posing outside in the Walker art galleries sculpture garden.
One of the highlights of the trip was the aquarium in the basement of the Mall of America. There is a tunnel through the aquarium, so it felt like the fish were swimming all around us. It was really neat. I think it was the best thing that we saw at the mall.
We also checked out uptown. There are a lot of really cool shops in that end of Minneapolis. Two of our favorites were the Soo gallery and the toy store Robot Love.

No comments: