Monday, April 13, 2009

Blythe

I have wanted a Blythe for quite some time and recently bought one off the internet with the intent of customizing it. There is nowhere in Winnipeg that sells Blythe so I haven't seen many in person. I was quite surprised by the size of the doll. Much bigger than I had remembered from seeing one in Toronto a long time ago.
The doll that I bought is from the American line Ashton Drake Galleries. It is the Pleasant Peasant edition. The ADG Blythe dollsare reproductions of some of the originals that were released in 1972. I bought the Pleasant Peasant because I liked that she had side-parted blonde hair.
I customized the doll a little bit though I didn't go crazy. I was afraid of taking apart the head because I wasn't sure if I would be able to get it back together. So everything I did to the doll I did without taking it apart.
I gave it new eye-chips, new eyelashes, sand-matted the face and put on new make-up. I also added a few freckles. Changing the eye-chips and sand-matting the face was a snap. However, I had a heck of a time with the eyelashes! They were very stubborn about coming out!
I still have to make my Blythe some new clothes. I borrowed some clothes from my Takiyaje doll to take the photos. I am thinking I will probably make some jeans and a shirt for her.

Here are the pictures of the finished product......


And one more close up shot to show off her freckles :)


-Grumble Toy

No comments: