Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Vintage Japanese Toy

One of my favourite things to do is hunt around some of our local antique shops for treasures and oddities.  We have a couple of really good antique stores here in Winnipeg that Chris and I go to pretty often.  It's not often that we leave empty handed :)
Here is one of the treasures that Chris found a little while ago.
This is a really interesting toy that Chris found when we were at one of our favourite antique stores a couple of months ago.  I am  not sure of the age but it is made of plastic and has a Japan stamp on its back.  I have never seen anything like it before.  When you tap its head, its eyes jiggle....really cool!  The plastic is quite thin and fragile.  It has a big dent at the back of its head which I am too afraid to try to fix.  Just adds to its charm I guess.  
 I really have no idea what age this toy would be.  Leave me a comment if you have any ideas.  I would love to know more about this toy.

-Ainsley
Grumble Toy

1 comment:

Jesse said...

This guy is amazing! I need to head out to some of the big antique malls on the coast now to look for cool stuff :)